A few months ago, Princess and I had a writing challenge. We were to each write 50 random things about ourselves. When we submitted our pieces we both agreed that 100 would have been ideal.
Fast forward to this date. I was going through my documents and I felt like, why not give it a go?
Instead of just adding to the other 50, I settled on starting afresh. In that period things have changed. Changes in time comes along with changes in several other things.
So here, have a peak at my life.
1. I was born in 1995
2. I was born of a teacher and a salonist. (Both didn’t last in those fields.)
3. I love my name. Letters L and M are my favorite alphabets
4. I am a Kiswahili and Communication student who cannot speak a minute of Swahili Sanifu.
5. Most of my friends do not understand why I took Swahili. I don’t understand either.
6. I wish I took a more serious course.
7. It seems I compensate for that in the people I get.
8. I prefer listening to music than watching movies
9. I am open minded
10. I like talking politics.
11. I like those who speak their minds. They say what they want and how they want it, no matter how good, ridiculous or hurtful it appears or might be.
12. I don’t consider myself a master of any trade.
13. I really like Oyunga Pala, I have read him since childhood. I also like Kisauti,I feel he treats words with respect.
14. I read several local writers. I like writers, poets and lyricists. They are creators. They build feelings, emotions, thoughts and entertainment out of words.
15. Suits is my favorite all time series. I also find sitcoms like Young & Hungry, BBT, Baby Daddy n Brooklyn Nine Nine, great.
16. I like paying attention to details.
17. I love and fear love in equal measure.
18. Kisumu matatu touts are the funniest people I know
19. I at times think about nothing
20. I am still single.
Update; Not anymore
21. I hope to get my Phd early in life
22. I have grown to like psychology a lot. I have read a lot of books in psychology in recent times. I can even tell Agnes (of Agitah) Luo men like to be praised and why it’s a good thing, coupled with where it matters the most.
23. I use Times New Roman when I run out of things to write. I feel more knowledgeable working on that font.
24. I don’t like watching TV. I only watch when I have specific news bit am looking for otherwise I can just spend a whole day looking at the plasma like an unwelcome mirror.
25. I listen to Jeff and Jalas on Hot 96.
26. I like Kenyan music. I am a huge fan of Khaligraph Jones
27. Internationally I like Kendrick Lamar and J Cole
28. I am not good for your heart, body and soul.
29. I have exceptional listening skills. I have a good memory. Not unless I decide to use the selective recalling method.
30. I am good with names. I like to refer to people by name from time to time when communicating.
31. I prefer telling stories to a noisy group in informal settings. I lose my punch line in stories when many people concentrate at what I am saying. I don’t like being the center of attention.
32. I don’t like being the smartest person in the room.
33. A large part of my personal life never get to social media.
34. My favorite handle on twitter is @novelicious.
35. I can stay for days without logging in to Facebook, a week without twitter and months minus Instagram.
36. I like leading a private life (don’t bother that I pour all the shit here)
37. I prefer collaboration to competition
38. I am a night person. I rarely do shit in the morning.
39. Isn’t it ironical that I am an early riser?
40. My grandma is on the verge of being fully convinced am either gay or not functional.
41. Everyone I know has their own slang for sex. Mine is thwocks. Make a sentence using that word you will get how ridiculous it sounds.
42. I easily strike conversations. I can handle talks even with a total stranger.
43. My backing off game can be great or bad. Depends on the 5Ws and H.
44. Generally, I am a different person to different people. It is based on the 5Ws and H.
45. I’d rather not try at all than try and lose. Been working on changing it for a long time.
46. That is why I did not learn how to ride a bike till last year but one.
47. I just can’t get what’s up with guys in the village who keep asking whether I am the eldest or youngest kid to my parents. I am neither, and I hate explaining shit.
48. I know what it means to be vulnerable to someone.
49. I believe that once we have something going we will always have it. We can go for a break for a week, months or even ten years. When we meet we will pick it up from where we left.
50. At the moment I am not sure what I want in life. Sometimes I want to do good stuff, make contributions to the society. Other times I just want to disappear to a lone island.
51. My favorites change often. In fact I am surprised how my favorite person has kept intact for such a long time.
52. I have never watched any episode of Prison Break.
53. I like chicken and fish
55. I tend to use any name that crops up in my mind when arranging stuff on my computer. You now know why I say most of the times when asked that I have no movies or series. Trying to remember those names take time.
56. I have smoked cigarette once. Weed more than once.
57. I have also done illicit brew some times.
58. I am not a foodie
59. I don’t like eggs
60. I get bored or distracted so fast.
61. I like giving compliments. Most so when people deserve it. Though I am poor at receiving compliments.
62. I don’t know how to give 100% in something. I am just trying.
63. I have articles I wrote that I am embarrassed to read now. I just look at the titles and never read them. (One was posted here). I also don’t delete either.
64. My favorite number is 4 since childhood.
65. I don’t have a favorite day of the week. Any day can be a feel good day.
66. I can live without mobile network and internet.
67. Most people think that I am a Out of Site Out of Mind kind of person. Yes, they think right.
68. If I like you, you have to know.
69. My phone and PC wallpaper and screensaver are all PepperLife logo.
70. I like everything about PepperLife, starting from our readers.
71. I love my writing partner.
72. I am not a sucker for fashion. In fact I wear anything I can get my hands on when I want to leave.
73. Yet I have hit the runway more than once as a model.
74. I care just a tiny little bit about what people think about me (enough to help safeguard my reputation).
75. I believe people should do whatever makes them happy. As long as it doesn’t affect others.
76. I like the smell of toasted bread in the morning.
77. I email myself stuff from time to time as a means of transferring documents from the PC to the phone.
78. I have continuation problems. Like it can take me another year to complete this list if I don’t do it in one sitting.
79. The only time I call someone bad words is when I am kidding. I can call you really bad names when I am working you up.
80. I don’t know how to engage in a fight, verbal or physical. Not unless protecting someone I love.
81. I am slow (very very slow) to anger.
82. I like the view in Kericho when travelling. I find the tea zones so beautiful.
83. I want to revisit Mombasa and the Kenyan coasts any opportunity I get.
84. After Mombasa I want to go to Turkana.
85. I like how the sun sets in Kisumu
86. I subconsciously touch a lot when I really like someone. On the other side I feel weird when touched a lot.
87. The people I interact with think they know me. Funny what people think.
88. I like my ladies BBW. Writing this makes me question if it has anything to my liking of BMW.
89. Just when I thought I was settled, earlier this year we came to a mutual agreement with Vanessa Mdee that whatever we had could not work out. Giving me a green light to take my relationship with Mayonde to greater heights.
90. I don’t shower daily
91. I brush my teeth when I shower. I caught this from the sweetest taboo.
92. I suck at lying. I also don’t like liars. But if you have to lie to me, please be creative.
93. I can take any joke, no matter how brutal. Just be ready to receive in return.
94. Just start a conversation I will do my best to keep it lively.
P.S. To my friends who complain that I never start conversations; I learned that it costs nothing and of late I hope you realize I have improved. If not, I am working on it.
95. I think kissing is so weird when you think about it. You decide to taste the lips of each other to express emotions. Also…
96. The type of stuffs you hear when you meet open ladies is weird. “You handle this ass like its some fire going to burn you, like you are not sure that it’s yours. Babe this ass is yours fully.”
97. I have got a kid brother. He is so bright and sharp. Both book and crook smart.
98. At some point our voices sounded exactly the same on phone (nowadays he has bass). I enjoyed getting him ladies on his behalf (His loss)
99. Whenever I hit the bar alone it’s almost given I will have a cold beer in a corner.
100. I never liked reading until recently.
101. After reading this list someone will think that they know me. Once again, funny what people think.